CNS Elections 2016
About the CNS Board of Directors
The Canadian Nutrition Society Board of Directors is responsible for setting strategic direction, providing guidance to the Executive Director, and maintaining and furthering important external relationships for the Society.
To become and remain a Director, an individual must be:
- a voting member in good standing of the CNS
- at least eighteen (18) years of age
- willing to participate regularly in meetings of the Board (one teleconference/month, two face to face meetings/year, additional meetings as required)
- living in Canada
- Vice-President/President-Elect/President: one-year term each
- Treasurer: two-year term
- Director-at-Large: two-year term
- Past-President (ex-officio): one-year term
Nomination and Election Process
CNS Active, Young Professional and Honourary members have the privilege of nominating an individual to serve on the CNS Board of Directors. To nominate an individual, you must provide:
- Name, address, email of the individual being nominated
- Confirm that the nominee agrees to let his/her name stand for election
- Provide a short biography of the nominee, particularly his/her involvement in nutrition (maximum 300 words)
- Provide name and contact information of two nominators (member submitting the nomination, along with a member serving as seconder)
Nomination and Election Dates
The nomination period will run from June 6, 2016 - August 8, 2016.
If more than two eligible nominations are received, the CNS will launch an online election from August 15 to August 31, 2016.
The incumbents will formally assume their position on September 15, 2016.