CNS 2018 Abstracts
Call for Abstracts
You are invited to submit abstracts for poster or oral presentation at the Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) Annual Conference taking place May 3-5, 2018 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. A limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation, dependent on program timing.
Please read carefully the IMPORTANT INFORMATION and REQUIRED ABSTRACT FORMAT below before accessing our abstract submission form.
- Only CNS Members in good standing, or those who have applied for membership, are eligible to submit abstracts. Note: Memberships, when purchased via the CNS Online Membership Portal, will be effective immediately upon payment. This will allow you to proceed to abstract submission.
- The abstract must NOT be submitted if it has already been submitted elsewhere*
- The abstract must NOT be submitted if it has been previously published*
- There is a $50 non-refundable fee for each abstract submission (online credit card payment by Visa or MasterCard only).
- Abstracts must be submitted using the online abstract submission form and MUST follow all guidelines for APNM publication. Abstracts that do not follow APNM guidelines will NOT be accepted.
- The CNS Annual Conference Abstract Committee will make the final decision regarding the presentation format (i.e. poster or oral) for each abstract submitted. Presenting authors will be notified regarding presentation format and will have the right to accept or decline at that time.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2018 – 11:59PM EST. Note: This deadline is FIRM for consideration for publication in Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism (APNM) and for those authors wishing to be considered for any awards.
Initial Notification of Abstract Acceptance: Friday, March 16, 2018. Notification of presentation format and any award will be after this date.
REQUIRED ABSTRACT FORMAT
Please note that abstracts that do not adhere to the required abstract format (as indicated below) may be subject to return to author and require resubmission (an additional fee).
- All abstracts must be submitted in the required APNM format.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author ONLY.
- Titles: Only capitalize the first word in the abstract title.
- Authors: Presenting authors must be listed FIRST in the list of authors. Co-authors should be listed in the order that they should appear in the APNM publication. Authors' first and last names must be spelled out in full.
- Abstracts must not exceed 350 words (excluding the abstract heading) and must be written in English
- Use standard abbreviation. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Financial support should be indicated in brackets at the end of the abstract.
- DO NOT include charts or tables in your abstract. This level of detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract and it may result in an abstract that exceeds the space available for publication in APNM.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will NOT be corrected.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the CNS online abstract submission form.
- Abstracts by mail or fax will not be accepted. In case of problems, please contact the CNS office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the 2017 CNS Annual Conference abstracts, that were published in "Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism (APNM), please click here
To download a PDF of Scientific Abstracts from the 8th Annual Scientific Meeting, please click here