Allied Health Award in Nutrition Care
The Canadian Nutrition Society recognizes the important role of healthcare practitioners in providing exceptional care of patients, to enhance their medical experience and to optimize treatment and recovery. The Allied Health Award in Nutrition Care has been established to recognize an allied health member of CNS who has demonstrated exceptional dedication to improving the nutrition care of patients, and:
- Advancing the science of nutrition through research and/or
- Advocating for increasing nutrition awareness and/or
- Participated in CNS leadership and/or
- Involvement in nutrition education
- Member of CNS
- Allied health professional involved in clinical care of patients requiring nutrition support
- Not a previous recipient of this award
Nominations may be made by anyone. In submitting your nomination, the following information should be provided:
- Curriculum Vitae of the nominee, including current official title and address.
- Summary (no more than 400 words) of professional record
- At least one nomination letter from colleagues in support of the application. The letter should include an explanation of the nature and significance of the nominee’s work specifically speaking to the aforementioned areas, and why this member is suitable for this award.
The Allied Health Award in Nutrition Care consists of one complimentary registration at the CNS Annual Conference and Awards Banquet, a framed certificate, and a monetary award.
Nominations are due January 31, 2020 - submitted via the Online Award Nomination tool
Previous Award Winners
2020 - Cathy Alberda, RD - Alberta Health Services
2019 - Rupinder Dhaliwal, RD - Metabolic Syndrome Canada
2018 - Olivia Saqui, RN, BScN, MAEd - Toronto General Hospital