The Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism Award for Nutrition Translation
(supported by Canadian Science Publishing, the publishers of “Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism” – the official journal of the Canadian Nutrition Society).
The Canadian Nutrition Society recognizes the importance of activities that facilitate the translation of nutritional knowledge. Thus, on an annual basis, a call for review papers is announced on a theme established by the Canadian Nutrition Society, in conjunction with the editorial board of the journal Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism (APNM), to recognize excellence in the translation of nutritional knowledge. The selected author will prepare an invited review for the journal, and the manuscript will be subject to the journal’s peer-review process. Upon notification of acceptance of the manuscript, the author will receive an honorarium of $1000. Official recognition of the award will be made at the annual meeting of the Canadian Nutrition Society. The award is supported by Canadian Science Publishing, the publishers of APNM.
Theme for 2017: Nutrition and Physical Activity for Healthy Aging
The submission of proposals is open to all scientists, but preference will be given to members and supporters of CNS. Trainees are welcome to submit a proposal with support of their supervisor or mentor. Applicants should provide a document (maximum 4 pages) that includes the following information:
- Topic area and proposed title
- Statement of relevance to the established theme (Nutrition and Frailty). Please note that submissions are anticipated to focus on a specific area within the deliberately broad theme.
- Outline of review paper, including major headings and sub-headings (maximum of 2 pages)
- Statement of novelty, anticipated impact, and timeliness of the review
- Evidence of the author's expertise in the proposed topic area
Selection of the successful proposal will be based on the five criteria established above. The proposal with the highest score will be selected for development towards a review paper for publication in APNM, following the journal's established peer-review process.
Announcement of the Award
The official announcement of the award and recognition of the author will be made at the 2016 CNS Annual Conference Awards Banquet. The recipient will receive an honorarium of $1000 from Canadian Science Publishing (publishers of APNM). If the author is in attendance, the opportunity exists to formally recognize them with a certificate provided by the publisher. The society is not responsible for covering costs associated with attendance at the Awards Banquet.
- Deadline for Proposal Submission: June 30, 2017
- Selected applicant notified by July 31, 2017
- Final review to be submitted to APNM by Nov 30, 2017
Proposals must be submitted via email to Professor Wendy Ward at email@example.com