** CNS memberships operate on a calendar year format - Join or renew today and your membership will run until December 31, 2017!
Preferred rates to the CNS national and regional conference
- The 2018 Annual Conference will be held May 3 to 5, 2018 in Halifax, NS
- A one-day thematic Conference on Advances in Nutrition: From Daily Living to High Performance Sport will be held January 13, 2018 in Toronto, Ontario
Free access to the CNS new Webinar series - including FREE access to archived webinars (for CNS Members only!)
- FREE access to CNS members only to archived content (recorded conference sessions and archived webinars) located in the CNS Education Portal.
Eligibility for CNS-SCN Awards & Travel Grants
CNS Members-only website access
Includes access to CNS member information, presentations/meeting abstracts, job postings, webinars, learning resources
- Includes access to CNS member information, presentations/meeting abstracts, job postings, webinars, learning resources
- NEW! Access to the NEW CNS Expert Database - Opportunity to be included in and use of the CNS Expert Database to connect with leading experts in Canada and beyond.
CNS Member Communications
- Monthly Member's Update and more
Online access to two peer-reviewed Journals:
- Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism (APNM) - published 12 times per year
- Nutrition in Clinical Practice (NCP) - published six times per year.
* CNS/ASN Joint members also have access to:
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN) - published 12 times per year
- Journal of Nutrition - published 12 times per year
- Advances in Nutrition - published 6 times per year
* CNS/ESPEN Joint members also have access to:
- Clinical Nutrition - 12 month subscription
- e-SPEN Journal - published 6 times per year
Support of nutrition science and the establishment of nutrition research priorities through interaction and collaboration with funding agencies.
Networking opportunities with nutrition scientists and health professionals (dietitians, physicians, pharmacists, nurses) in universities, health care, government and industry.
CNS Student Members – In addition to all of the other benefits included in the Active Member category, CNS Student members also benefit from:
- A reduced membership rate of $45.00/year
- The opportunity to submit abstracts for the Nestlé Nutrition Graduate Student & Trainee Competition and Poster Competition.
For Young Professionals – In addition to all of the other benefits included in the Active Member category, CNS Young Professional members also benefit from:
- A reduced membership rate of $75.00/year
- The opportunity to submit abstracts for the Poster Competition*
- The opportunity to submit abstracts to the CNS Thematic Conference in Toronto*
- The opportunity to submit abstracts to the CNS Annual Conference*
*watch the CNS website for details on the abstract deadline
**** CNS Members can now access joint memberships to both ASN and ESPEN via the CNS membership program and receive all of the same benefits that would be offered when joining ASN or ESPEN directly.
ESPEN benefits include:
- Access to ESPEN Journals: Clinical Nutrition and the e-SPEN Journal
- Discount on registration at the main annual congress
- Reduced rate for registration to the annual ESPEN Advanced Course on Clinical Nutrition
- Access to the archived educational Congress Presentations database
- Reduced rates for the LLL Live Modules
- Access to Research Fellowship Grant and Technology Innovation with Industry Partnership ESPEN Grant
- Access to travel fellowship for communications at the annual congress
- Free online access to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN), The Journal of Nutrition, and Advances in Nutrition.
- Access to the quarterly newsletter - Nutrition Notes.
- Opportunity to join one or more Research Interest Sections (RIS).
- Opportunity to join one of ASN's three Councils
- Discounted registration to ASN's Annual Meeting that takes place at Experimental Biology.