Opportunities to support CNS activities
CNS hosts a number of educational events and activities throughout the year that provide ideal and unique opportunities to become engaged and show support:
- CNS Thematic Conference - "Advances in Research & Practice - Non-nutritive sweeteners & health: Unravelling the evidence & controversy" is a one-day conference that will address the role of NNS as a replacement for sugars, summarize the evidence on NNS and health outcomes and reconcile the discrepancies. Taking place on January 27, 2024 as an in-person conference in Toronto, it will also be offered via live stream. It provides an opportunity to profile current evidence and practice on a highly relevant issue.
- CNS Annual Conference - a forum for the presentation of current research that spans basic science, regulatory/public health and clinical nutrition, the CNS annual conference brings together experts, opinion leaders and a diverse audience of participants to participate in excellent learning and networking opportunities. The 2024 CNS Annual Conference will take place from May 2-4, 2024 in Edmonton, AB.
- Food for Health Workshop - held in conjunction with the CNS Annual Conference, this workshop brings together stakeholders spanning the food for health continuum – including producers, manufacturers, processors, food scientists, academia, government, healthcare professionals, and consumers. The Food for Health Workshop aims to address common issues and establish ways to work collaboratively in our mutual efforts to enhance the health of Canadians through food and nutrition. The 2023 Food for Health Workshop Advancing Food Systems Sustainability was held on May 4, 2023 in Québec, QC.
- Facilitated Workshops - serving as an informed facilitator, CNS organizes and/or supports the delivery of workshops and forums that address relevant issues, establish strategic direction, and create opportunities for leadership to meet business objectives that benefit the nutrition and health of Canadians. Through our extensive network, CNS engages cross-functional stakeholders that break down silos and establish effective ways to work collaboratively.
- Webinars - provide the opportunity for continuous educational events throughout the year. CNS webinars bring together leading experts to present on current scientific evidence and its translation into practice on a broad range of topics. Webinars are an excellent forum to share new information to targetted audiences. More information on sponsored/ co-developed webinars can be found HERE.
- Mini Virtual Conferences - these mini events (typically 4-5 hours in length) allow for a longer educational opportunity focused on a specific topic/theme. Mini conferences bring together leading experts and practitioners to share new evidence, best practices, and to allow for interactive exchanges between experts and attendees.
- Awards - in recognition of distinguished leadership, CNS offers a series of awards to deserving professionals and trainees. These awards inspire and motivate leadership from others in the field.
CNS Commitment to working with industry partners and sponsors
CNS is committed to maintaining responsible and transparent processes in all of its activities. All CNS conference programming, educational initiatives and award recipients are reviewed and approved by respective CNS committees. As with all of our sector stakeholders, CNS considers and values industry partner and sponsor input, but retains all programmatic and editorial control.